10 August 2005

My idol update

This may be an old news to some, but Melissa Etheridge has declared herself cancer-free, resumed her performances, and will release a greatest hits album in the fall. She even wants to have a child with her current wife, in addition to sharing custody of her two children from her previous relationship.

Things are looking up for Melissa. I hope to see her at some of the activist rallies scheduled later this year, such as the massive anti-war rally in DC late September (which I am planning to attend). In any case, I will definitely be enjoying her new album once it's out.

One of my first San Francisco memories was seeing Melissa live in person at the Civic Center Plaza, and it is still a memory I dearly carry today. If she doesn't personify lesbian power, I don't know who does. You go girl!