14 September 2005

Buy a Friend a Book Week

Just picked this up from Damian McNicholl's blog.

Buy a Friend a Book Week is a literary event where a guest author and the event creator each recommend three books to buy for friends. I've checked out the website, and the books indeed look intriguing to say the least - I bookmarked a few in my Barnes & Noble wish list as well.

Back in July, Damian himself was the guest author. The next Buy a Friend a Book Week will feature my writing instructor Gayle Brandeis as the guest author. Among Gayle's picks is a book written by Diane Wilson, a shrimper in Texas, about her struggles against a multinational polluter; I will look forward to reading this, as Wilson is one of the Code Pink women I expect to come across during my Washington, DC stay.

Buy a Friend a Book Week