29 January 2006

Cindy Sheehan in Venezuela

Just picked up a very interesting article from ABC News through Democratic Underground.

Cindy Sheehan, in Caracas for the World Social Forum, was joined by President Hugo Chavez, as she said she'll protest in front of W's ranch again. Chavez was quoted as saying that he'd bring his own tent and join her protest.

Sheehan praised the objectives of the World Social Forum, and said that she may consider challenging Dianne Feinstein in the Democratic primaries this year, due to Feinstein's refusal to support an outright withdrawal of American troops in Iraq.

Feinstein is great, but Sheehan will definitely have my support if she runs.

And the more I learn about Chavez, whom I initially had dismissed as a freak show, the more I like him, especially as he stands up against W's cowboy diplomacy. And if homophobia is not a debilitating factor in the Venezuelan society, I will definitely consider taking my vacation dollars there, instead of John Howard's Australia and other undesirable places.

ABC News article