28 June 2006

Fleshing out the Seattle itinerary

My Seattle visit is just a few days away.

I've fleshed out the itinerary nicely. Although I'm flying up alone, I'll hardly be alone once there. In addition to my Democracy Cell Project acquaintance (who has offered to guide me through the funkier parts of town), I will also be meeting with Action Northwest, to be interviewed for the transgender-themed play they will be producing. On top of that, I will also squeeze in a trip to Olympia to visit De Colores Bookstore, which sells multilingual books, and is run by cousins of my writing mentor, author, and fellow blogger Gayle Brandeis.

I'll also squeeze in some shopping, including Pike Place Market as well as window shopping at the REI flagship store. I'll also visit museums including the Pacific Science Center, Seattle Asian Art Museum, and possibly Tacoma's Museum of Glass. Last, but not the least, I will visit Mt. St. Helens, plus Mt. Rainier if time permits.

Looks like four very jampacked days ahead. I am excited. This will be one of the best trips I'll have ever taken, and I can feel it already.