29 October 2007

Antiwar Protests

My photo/blog of the peace march in Los Angeles on Saturday the 27th was featured by fellow blogger DiAnne Grieser, on two venues:

Silenced Majority
Docudharma (in comments section)

Thanks for spreading the word, DiAnne - and for your own coverage of Seattle protests.

In the meantime, I remember lots of pro-immigrant action among the protesters in Los Angeles, and I had a few thoughts as I chatted with some pro-immigrant activists. Although we disagree on immigration (I tend to see many immigrants, particularly Republican cherry-picked nationalities, as pawns of the powered elites, whereas they tend to see them as simple victims), we do agree that pitting immigrants against other immigrants, and against African-Americans and poor whites, has helped the powered elites at the expense of everyone else.