14 October 2008

Seoul: no photos today

No photos to share today, as I didn't really leave my local area after my therapy, which went very well.

Today was unusual though, as I spotted some very unusual cars today (though again, I have no photos to offer as proof), all in my local area. They include:
  • A tiny Daihatsu hatchback that I've never seen before.
  • The Audi R8 mid-engined supercar, noteworthy for its glass hood revealing its huge engine. I've never seen this one either.
  • I also got a fleeting glimpse of a sedan that I've never seen before either. It had a Ford oval on its grille, and as it moved away from me, I could finally identify it. It was the newest Mondeo; I had heard of the third generation for the Mondeo, but never seen it in person until today. I've seen a number of the second generation models both here and in Europe, and previously owned the original (of course, sold as the Contour in North America). My Contour had given me a lot of grief, and I was very happy to get rid of it.
  • A current-generation Hyundai Verna (Accent in the US) identifying it as a hybrid. It's the first South Korean hybrid I've ever seen, and one of the few I've seen in Seoul (the others being Toyota Camrys and Honda Civics brought in second-hand from North America). I have no idea regarding the fuel economy, but since the Verna is such a small car, it must be outstanding.
Tomorrow should see me return to Jamsil and Lotte World for some recreation time.