28 November 2008

Getting utterly fed up

2MB's tactics are really pushing my patience, and I am losing it. Glad that tomorrow, I am going to Hong Kong, a Special Administrative Region of China, rather than staying in South Korea, a cut-rate colony of the discredited US Republicans. Note that I am saying a "US Republican colony," which is a total disgrace, as opposed to a "US colony," which isn't all that bad really.

Here is a comment that I just made over at Democracy Cell Project blog. And seriously, I am boycotting Seoul Metro as much as I can.

Update from South Korea - and very PO'd right now.

I've been alive and well (at least as well as I could be under the Republican colonial government, anyway) - I've been too busy blogging and driving to ever check in here in the past two weeks.

Yes, I am describing the so-called "Republic of Korea" as a cut-rate US Republican colony. Not even a colony of the United States of America (which won't be too bad, really), but a colony of the discredited minority party. I no longer recognize the sovereignty of the government, and will only see it as the puppet partisan colonial government that it truly is. Similarly, I am referring to all South Koreans as colonial subjects, and myself as the almighty citizen of the American motherland.

The reason why I am making this determination are as follows:

  • The previous leftist government of Roh Moo-hyun was so pathetic, that the people voted in the local Republican organization, the Grand National Party, by overwhelming margins last year - though now they regret it. Too late, sorry, you're stuck with the Republican colonial rule, unless you're willing to wait another four years, or you're willing to start a new revolution like those of 1960, 1980, and 1987.
  • In fact, South Korea's first colonial governor was indeed an American - Syngman Rhee. Up until the democratic constitution of 1987, South Korea was truly a cut-rate US Republican colony. Then reforms took place, democracy came, and people were in charge, making South Korea a true sovereign democratic nation that it was supposed to be. But between the traitors - the local Republican organization, the Christian extremists, and the Korean-Americans - the colonial remnants never went away. And with the current Lee Myung-bak government, democracy is officially over.
  • The National Intelligence Service (NIS), which used to be called the Korean Central Intelligence Agency (KCIA), a state thought police cracking down on pro-democracy activists and funding the Moonie activities in the US, stopped looking for "left-wing activists" in the past decade or two. But as of this month, left-wing activists are once again fair game. Turn one in, and you'll be rewarded 30 million won (that's USD $30K at pre-Lee exchange rates, and USD $20K today).
  • The Lee government is also stacking the courts with right-wing extremists. As judges have term limits and mandatory retirement ages here, it's quicker for the government to stack the courts. Just two years ago, the courts said that transgender people have full legal rights and recognition. But now, they are saying that punishing adultery with lengthy jail sentences (which everyone agrees is an archaic remnant of the Syngman Rhee era) is necessary to preserve social order. They are also continuing to limit masseuse licenses to the blind, saying that the blind need a niche of their own; they should otherwise outlaw discrimination against the disabled instead, and let the blind work in other professions.
  • In the Seoul subway system, all sorts of soliciting activities are prohibited. But lately, Christian doomsday missionaries are getting on unchecked - and becoming extremely aggressive. Christian extremist (Moonie and otherwise) organizations are buying tons of ad spaces on subway trains and in stations as well.
  • There are three operators of the Seoul subway: Korail (national rail), Seoul Metro (city owned), and SMRT (also city owned). Seoul Metro is the worst offender in terms of allowing Christian extremism spread unchecked. Seoul Metro also caved in to the Christian extremist activists, and named one of its stations [Chongshin University] after a Christian extremist university that's nowhere near it; SMRT also serves that same station on another line, and its portion of the station [Isu] keeps the old neighborhood name. Also, Seoul Metro is at the forefront of privatizing its operations - namely, contracting much of its operations out to cronies with inside connections. (Needless to say, Seoul Metro's labor union is PO'd as hell - but the colonial government reminds me that all labor unions are mere fronts for the Global Communist Movement.)
  • Some analyses say that the current rising inter-Korean relations has much to do with Lee trying to scuttle the achievements of his leftist predecessors. Rumors say that the leftists sent almost a billion US dollars to the Communists to get the concessions needed for the inter-Korean relations. I believed that rumor - but now, I am not so sure.

From now on, I'll do the following.

  • I will continue to refer to South Koreans as lowly colonial subjects, and treat them as such. I do know that most of them hate the colonial rule as much as I do. I'll tell them to vote in a good government at the next election, that will not only serve them, but also build constructive relationships with the US, North Korea, and the rest of the world. That means, neither the Moonies nor the Republicans can be involved.
  • I will also avoid the Seoul Metro sections of the Seoul subway system as much as I can. This may involve some weird routings, that may add a few minutes to my travel time. However, of the five lines serving downtown Seoul, four are Seoul Metro lines, so in some cases, I'll have to bite the bullet and ride Seoul Metro. The suburban lines tend to be run by SMRT and Korail, so they're fine.
  • I'm leaving for Hong Kong. I will be in Kowloon in about 30 hours. Sure, it's a Special Administrative Region of China - a regime with its own problems, to put it mildly - but it beats a cut-rate colony of a discredited minority US political party any day. After four days there, I'll spend ten more days in Seoul before returning to the US. However, I may have to come back to Seoul in mid-January, something I no longer look forward to.
  • For the first time, I doubted my decision to replace my BMW with a Hyundai. After all, Hyundai helped out with the colonial fascist-led industrialization, and Lee Myung-bak was a Hyundai executive before entering politics. And Hyundai and its employees must pay income taxes to the colonial government, which go on to fund the Moonies. However, I decided that I will get the Hyundai after all. Hyundai worked very hard for improved inter-Korean relations before the government was ever cool to the idea, and it's currently hurting very badly from the souring inter-Korean relations. In addition, Hyundai lost out to the Moonies in a bid to start a car factory in North Korea, so Hyundai is no friend of the Moonies either. Moreover, Hyundai's rank-and-file employees - the very ones who built what will soon be my car - are my friends. To snub them, I'd have to boycott a whole bunch of other corporations, including United Airlines back in the US, where the rank-and-file have served me well. I can't just do that yet (and throw away tons of frequent flier miles while at it).
  • I will give my Hyundai a Buddhist-themed vanity plate. That way, it'll be unwelcome at Korean-American megachurches and in Koreatown. Moreover, I'll seriously consider getting a red car. Red is a taboo color in South Korea, associated with Communism; however, in the context of soccer, red is a very good color, and represents the enthusiasm of the better South Koreans.
  • I'll even dare the supporters of the colonial government to turn me in as a "left-wing activist" for 30 million won.

If you are ever headed this way, I must ask you to do the following:

  • Refuse to drink the McCol barley beverage. It's made by Ilhwa Brewery, a Moonie business enterprise, and McCol is cheaper than other canned drinks, due to the deep pockets of the Moonies (undoubtedly funded by the colonial government).
  • Avoid Seoul Metro if you can. Seoul Metro runs Line 1's underground sections (downtown Seoul only), Lines 3 and 4 within Seoul city limits, and the entire Line 2. Conversely, if a subway station is served by both a Seoul Metro line and someone else's line, use the turnstiles of the other operator, if only to ever slightly cut Seoul Metro's ridership figures and revenues.
  • As Lines 1, 3, and 4 have both Seoul Metro and Korail sections (though service is continuous), try to stick to Korail trains. I will. It probably doesn't make a difference in terms of revenue and ridership figures, but it makes me feel better to avoid Seoul Metro trains if I can. Korail rolling stock are better anyway.
  • NEVER, EVER send your kids to Sun Moon University. Sun Moon (as its name suggests, it's a Moonie enterprise) has more foreign students than any other South Korean university, all children of Moonies receiving generous scholarships from the Moonies' deep pockets. Honestly, South Korean universities' undergrad programs are all cut-rate, anyway, given that college entrance exam preparation takes away your high school life, and undergrad years are not a time to study, but to unwind.